The LD-02 is used in multidrop applications when a large numbers of units have to communicate with a main computer; for example in access control systems, weigh-scale systems or other types of measurement and data acquisition solutions. The LD-02 can be connected to equipment that uses the RS-232/V.24 or RS422/485 interface. Westermo’s ±۱۰ mA balanced current loop (W1) transmission technique makes it possible to transmit data up to 18 km at low data rates. At shorter ranges, transmission rates up to 38.4 kbit/s can be achieved.
- For long distance communication in multidrop networks
- RS-232/V.24 or RS-422/485 interface
- Protects connected units from lightning/transients
- Functions independently of codes
- When the devices to be connected have different earth potential
- Guarantees reliable long-distance communication
- Guarantees high performance and reliable functionality